When your return request is accepted, you’ll receive a return shipping label from either the seller , or you’ll be asked to purchase one directly from a carrier. Who covers the shipping costs depends on why you're returning it.
When you send your item back make sure a tracking number is added to your return request to avoid delays or issues in the refund process. If you use an our return label, tracking details are automatically uploaded. If you're using your own return label, the seller may have added the number for you. If not, you should manually add tracking details to the return.
Get your refund
Once the item is delivered to the seller and inspection is done, your refund should be processed within 2 business days. Your refund will be sent to your original payment method and funds are usually available within 3-5 business days.
Misuse of returns or the Money Back Guarantee
Engaging in activity as described in this policy may result in a range of actions, including issuing warnings to buyers, blocking buyers from requesting returns or refunds on the website, blocking buyers from opening claims, the loss of eBay Money Back Guarantee coverage, and account suspension.
Activity that is not allowed includes, but is not limited to:
- Opening duplicate requests using other buyer protection programs
- Colluding with a seller to wrongly declare an item's value for customs
- Filing a chargeback after receiving a refund
- Claiming an item was not received when there is proof of delivery to the buyer's address on the Order Details
- Falsely claiming an item was not as described
- Returning an item other than the original item received
- Using or damaging an item and then returning it